I attended The 2017 Spring High Point Furniture market with my friend Laura and Madison, an intern from Meredith College. After 15 showrooms, our bags were heavy with vendor literature, despite our pact to not accept brochures.
To save yourself a trip, here’s my quick take-aways:
- Pastel pink, yellow and green fabrics.
- Texture grass cloth is no longer just for walls. I spotted it on dining room cabinets, bedroom dressers and end tables.
- Floral pattern fabrics reminiscent of English gardens on pillows and furniture.
- Coastal themes (which you know I love) abound in artwork and accessories.
- I saw iconic Mid Century Modern furniture trend, ala “Mad Men.” The look is stylish, but sometimes the chairs tend to have a deep angle seat which some people find uncomfortable for the long haul.